Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Staff Pick of the Week!: H.I.V.E.


This week's pick is H.I.V.E.: Higher Institute of Villainous Education by Mark Walden (YA WALDEN).

Otto Malpense is already somewhat of a criminal mastermind the day he wakes up in a helicopter that is headed to H.I.V.E., a school that was created to turn teenagers talented in crime into supervillains. In order to keep the school a secret, students are kidnapped and brought to an island that looks like an active volcano, and no one is allowed to leave until they graduate. But Otto has always been able to get himself out of difficult situations - even if no one else has ever escaped H.I.V.E., won't he be able to? With the help of his friends (a jewelry thief, a technology whiz, and a skilled martial arts guru) Otto plans to do the impossible - get out of H.I.V.E. Read the book to find out if he succeeds ...

No comments: